- Career Center Workshop: Networking; Only 20% of Openings Are Advertised. Tactics to Find the Other 80%
- Peer Mentor Bowling at Saratoga
- WordCamp St. Louis
- Family Day at the WashU Rec Center
Career Center Workshop: Networking; Only 20% of Openings Are Advertised. Tactics to Find the Other 80%
March 14, 2017, 4:00 pm , Becker, Room 405 (DBBS Classroom), Medical Campus
March 15, 2017, 4:00 pm , Danforth University Center, Room 300 (Liberman Graduate Center)Only 10 to 20% of all jobs are advertised and each ad yields an average of 200 applicants. Learn to increase your probability of being hired and even have opportunities created for you.
March 15, 2017, 3:00 pm , Saratoga Lanes (2725 Sutton Blvd Saint Louis, Missouri 63143)Bowling, shoe rental pool and more is on us! Open to all, please RSVP at https://gradcenter.wustl.edu/internatinal-peer-mentoring-bowling. Those willing to drive or those needing a ride, meet at the Grad Center at 2:30pm
March 18, 2017, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Washington University, Danforth Campus, Lab Sciences BldgTicketed event. WordCamps are informal, community-organized events, put together by WordPress users. Sponsored by Public Affairs.
March 18, 2017, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, Sumers Recreation CenterThe Rec Center on campus is hosting a Family Day. (The Center is generally closed to dependents under the age of 18, but the facility will be open to minors on special Family Days). Free admission to dependents of all Sumers Rec Members. All full-time, fee-paying students automatically have membership for free (http://rec.wustl.edu/member-services/Memberships/index), but if you’re not sure, you can call them up, and they’ll let you know if you qualify for a free membership or not.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS :
Open Basketball & Futsal 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. @ Rec Courts Log • Rolling & Standup Paddle Boarding, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. @ Millstone Pool • Bootcamp (Family Friendly), 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. @ Olympic Studio • Yoga (Family Friendly), 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. @ Studio 1904 • Open Swimming, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. @ Millstone Pool
It is time for GPC officer elections for the 2017-2018 academic year. If you have an interest in running for one of our officer positions please submit your intent to run by March 31st. Elections will be held on April 4th during the general body meeting (6:30pm – 8:30pm). All officers are required to attend the Graduate Group Officer Transition meeting scheduled for May 3, 2017 from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in the Liberman Center.
For the intent to run form and additional information please review: https://gpc.wustl.edu/gpc-officer-elections-2017-2018
This year’s Liberman Leadership Awards will be held on April 12, from 4-6 pm in Umrath Lounge
We are seeking nominations! Nominations are open to all graduate and professional students and student groups at the university, and may submitted by anyone at the university (students, faculty, and staff) starting February 20, 2017. Nomination deadline is March 19, 2017.
We are seeking nominations for the following awards: Excellence in Sustainability Award, Excellence in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Award, Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion Award, Excellence in Creating Community Award, Trailblazer Award, Tried and True Award, Outstanding Breakthrough Award, Distinguished Organization Award, Rising Star Award (Individual Award), Distinguished Individual Leader Award (Individual Award)
March 29, 2017, 6:00 pm, Active Learning Lab, Bauer HallJoin us for a night of trivia, drinks, and snacks (21+ only – provide identification). Faculty, Professional & Graduate Students WELCOME. Space limited, email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up by noon on March 17th.
March 23, 2017, 7:00 pm, Goldberg Formal Lounge in the Danforth University CenterBrought to you by the GPC: A panel discussion with guest speakers representing different career paths. Avenues other than a future in academia are illuminated by speakers that have found career paths outside the academy. A reception will follow, offering one on one time with visiting speakers and students. Please RSVP if you would like to attend: https://gradcenter.wustl.edu/road-less-traveled